You’ve just graphic wrapped your vehicles and they look amazing. But how do you make sure you keep it looking great and make sure it lasts a long time? We’ve written a lists of dos and don’t so you can make maintain a pristine looking vehicle graphic wrap avoiding some potential banana skins along the way.
The following practices will help maintain the life and quality of the vinyl:
- Whenever the graphics start to look dirty, clean it. Dirt and contaminents can stain the graphics and will be more difficult to remove, the longer they’ve been on the graphics.
- Wash applied vinyl graphics with a blend of clean water and a mild car wash. If using a detergent, make sure its non-abrasive as these can damage the wrap itself.
- Test any cleaning solution on a small section of the vinyl graphic before using it on the entire graphic.
- Always read the warning labels on car care products for proper safety instructions.
- Once you’ve washed the vehicle with the soapy water blend, rinse it with clean water.
- Either let the vehicle air dry or use a micro fibre cloth, this will help to reduce water spots.
Indications of vinyl failure can include loss of gloss level, fading, embrittling, cracking, chipping, or peeling around graphic edges. The following practices will result in deterioration of the vinyl:
- Do not allow fuels to stay in contact with the vinyl for extended periods of time. Clean all spills as soon as possible.
- Do not use automated car washes, truck washes using caustic cleaners, or pressure washers to clean your vehicle.
- Do not apply any type of wax or polish to vinyls.
- Do not use mechanical brush washing.
If normal cleaning procedures don’t work in remove debris from your applied vehicle graphics, try the following:
- Spot clean the area with a micro fibre cloth and isopropyl alcohol.
- Moisten a rag with a citrus-based cleaner and wipe down the problem areas. Immediately after using the citrus cleaner, rinse the area with a blend of water and soap.
We hope this advice helps keep your vehicle graphic wrap looking great, reflecting the way you do business. Find out more information about our vehicle graphics and wrapping packages here.